614 S Street, N.W. Washington, DC 20001 202/332-0220
- To be a local expression of the Body of Christ and conduct a holistic ministry in the Shaw Neighborhood of D.C.; - To establish a caring and sharing church membership that is spirit-centered, Biblically based, racially, culturally and economically mixed, inclusive and fun to belong to; - To incorporate the basic membership commitments guiding principles and vision of the Church of the Saviour into a program that is relevant and empowering to people of all races, ages, classes, church backgrounds and family patterns; and - To place special emphasis upon developing a program which includes children, supports families as weR as singles and enables low incon)e and working class people to beconie fuU participating immbers.
- after school educational program, summer program, and educational advocacy for children whose needs are unique. Contact Cynthia Barron - 202/232-0457 (w)
- an outreach ministry to isolated and hormbound elderly people in the Shaw neighborhood (with Eighth Day)
Contact Marflyn McDonald - 202/667-9311 (w)
- a mission to reach out and nurture men in the church and community through friendshipsl Christian witness, social activities, bible study, spiritual disciplinesg and participation in regular srmll group rwetings.
Contact Kevin Bryant - 301/735-9410 (h)
- through formation of caring friendships and a variety of activities, assists neighborhood teenagers to personally experience the love of God through Jesus Christ.
Contact John Wagner - 202/393-4589 (w)
- a healing ministry through prayer and the professional practice of medicine.
1118 9th St., N.W. 202/408-9835
Contact Veneta Mason
A group wbich assists and supports Christians working for peace and justice. We desire to be partners witb the poor in social, economic, religious and political arenas.
Contact Jim Jimerson - 202/484-2617 (h)
- An association of community residents nieeting to improve the quality of life in the neighborhood.
Contact Dorothy Wooten - 202/232-7387 (h)
- A nonprofit housing redeveloper which buys and renovates housing and sells it to low-income, first-time buyers. Manna also runs a Homebuyers Club to prepare lowincome persons for honie ownership, and a Skillbuilders program to hire and train unemployed women and men for the construction trades.
P.O. Box 26049, 20001 - 202/232-2844
Contact Jim Dickerson or Kay Schultz
Weekly 12 step meetings (guest speaker and group discussions) for persons recovering from various forms of addiction.
Contact Billy Hart - 202/387-0117 (h)
- through a mission-group-like experience, provides an in-depth orientation to the basic principles of membership in New Community Church and the Church of the Saviour.
Contact Jim Dickerson - 202/232-2844 (w)
Worship 11:00 a.rn. Sundayt 614 S St. N.W.
Study groups 10:00 a.m. Sunday
Jim Dickerson - 202/232-2844 (w) - Pastor
Susan Alexander - 202/332-0220 (w)